Thursday, December 29, 2005
Finally it is finished! It took probably two months, however I was constantly sidetracked by other projects. I used Koigu Kersti and size 6 needles, and had to change the design quite a bit.
To begin with, Cromarty in its original form would have been somewhat "baggy" on me, more wide than long. I did not like that, and reduced a few aran panels. I also used crochet edgings for sleeves and hem.
Now it looks somewhat medieval, and I can't wait to wear it to work.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
After I got the yummy yarn from Deborah at www.shadysidefarm.com I could not resist ordering two more skeins of Romney - one chocolate and one natural. I made a hat for my son from it. The yarn is incredible: soft and begging to become a project.
I will eventually get around publishing the pattern for this hat. My son wears it proudly, and it only took 3 days to make.