Friday, June 05, 2009

Colonial Day spinning











I was demonstrating supported spindle spinning during Colonial Day fair in my elementary school. It was a lot of fun. Girls and boys (even more so!) were interested to see the tools and technique. I guess boys loved it because of an unusual tool.
I am wearing a Ukrainian folk blouse; it seemed a perfect fit for this type of event. A spinning wheel on a background is not mine; I only know the spindle...

Thanks my friend Vereteno for her inspiring online spinning lessons!

3 comments:

Faina said...

How beautiful!
The Ukranian blouse is fantastic and very becoming, it is so great you could do thins demonstration!
Great job!

vistor said...

Мне тоже очень понравилась , все к месту и блуза так чудесно подходит!
какая вы молодец.
Tatjana
/ Pietariknitter

argus said...

Thank you both for your kind comments! It was fun to spin in public.